The CPI® Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Foundation Refresher training is a one day session designed to provide previously CPI® Nonviolent Crisis Intervention trained participants a review in the following key concepts:
- Crisis Development ModelSM
- Verbal Escalation ContinuumSM
- Decision-Making Matrix
- COPING ModelSM
- Physical Disengagement and Holding Skills
Participants will receive a refresher workbook in which the topics are broken down into:
- Core Content – a basic review of the model.
- Application – ideas, discussion questions, and activities to help you apply the content in a safe training setting.
- Action Plan – used for self-reflection to help you apply what you’ve learned to your unique work environment.
Upon successful completion, documentation and CPI confirmation participants can access their digital Blue CardTM and additional resources on the CPI App.