ECDSS facilitators are certified to provide The Psychology Foundation of Canada’s Kids Have Stress Too!® Preschool Age Learning Resource to help practitioners promote effective social-emotional development and stress management strategies for young children. The session is grounded in the science of early childhood and brain development and is sensitive to the day-to-day realities of early learning and care settings. This workshop provides child care professionals with practical strategies to help them better understand, prevent, and address stress, not only in children but also within themselves.
Aligns with Alberta Accreditation Standards: 1, 2, 4, 6
- Understand stress and its impact on health and learning from a child’s perspective
- Awareness of their own stressors and coping mechanisms
- Learn ways to teach children how to recognize stress as well as practical techniques for coping with it
- Be able to demonstrate to children how to address the signs of stress before they become overwhelmed by them
- Practice strategies which create a peaceful program environment by promoting self-regulation