ECDSS facilitators are certified to provide The Psychology Foundation of Canada’s Kids Have Stress Too!® School Age Learning Resource to help practitioners promote effective social-emotional development and stress management strategies for children grades 1-9. The session is grounded in the science of brain development and learning and is sensitive to the day-to-day realities of both school and after school care settings. This workshop provides professionals with practical strategies to help them better understand, prevent, and address stress, not only in children but within themselves.
Aligns with Alberta Accreditation Standards: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- Understand stress and its impact on health and learning from a child’s perspective
- Awareness of their own stressors and coping mechanisms
- Learn ways to teach children how to recognize stress as well as practical techniques for coping with it
- Be able to demonstrate to children how to address the signs of stress before they become overwhelmed by them
- Practice strategies which create a peaceful program environment by promoting self-regulation
- Ready to share information and stress strategies with parents either informally or through facilitated workshops