Reflective Practice is an ongoing and cyclical process of inquiry that creates the awareness, understanding and learning that leads to effective action. Reflective practice is a way to reveal and test the validity of the unstated knowledge (including unconscious thought, assumptions and patterns) that underlies practice.
This workshop will engage supervisors in the human services field to change or broaden their perspectives, explore ways in which they will implement strategies in their supervisory practice and how to share this information with their colleagues.
By the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Respond their colleagues preferred communication styles
- Identify the elements of reflective practice
- Practice reflective supervision strategies
- empowered listening
- contact statements
- powerful questioning
- Clarify their role as a mentor
- Explore challenging situations within the supervisory role