- This event has passed.
Development Trauma: Implementing a Trauma-Informed Approach with Children
June 8, 2017$85.00
Developmental-trauma results from ongoing or repetitive trauma during childhood and can interfere with healthy attachment and development (Arthur et al. 2013). Children are deeply impacted by trauma that occurs during their formative years because they are in the developmental stages of growth and because it often occurs within a child’s continuity of care.
This one day workshop focuses on the neurobiology and brain development of children and explores the impact and effects of being exposed to trauma during childhood. This workshop will define and describe the six main trauma-informed principles and will incorporate trauma-informed strategies and effective practices. Practitioners will learn how to help the children in their care cope with their personal experiences of trauma.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- define and understand developmental-trauma
- identify the signs and symptoms of developmental-trauma in children
- understand the impacts and effects of developmental-trauma in children
- define and understand trauma-informed practice
- identify the main principles of trauma-informed practice
- understand how to implement trauma-informed principles at a personal and organizational level
- implement trauma-informed strategies and effective practices when working with children