- This event has passed.
Kids Have Stress Too! Parent Group Facilitator Training – Preschool
August 29, 2017$125.00
ECDSS facilitators are certified by The Psychology Foundation of Canada to provide the Kids Have Stress Too!® Preschool Age Learning Resource. This session is designed to help practitioners promote effective social-emotional development and stress management techniques for young children. The material is grounded in the science of early childhood and brain development and is sensitive to the day-to-day realities of early learning and care settings. This workshop provides early childhood professionals with practical strategies to help them better understand, prevent and address stress, not only in children but within themselves.
Aligns with Alberta Accreditation Standards: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- Understand stress and its impact on health and learning from a child’s perspective
- Practitioner awareness of their own stressors and coping mechanisms
- Learn ways to teach children how to recognize stress as well as practical techniques for coping with it
- Be able to demonstrate to children how to address the signs of stress before they become overwhelmed by them
- Practice strategies which create a peaceful program environment by promoting self-regulation
- Ready to share information and stress strategies with parents either informally or through facilitated workshops