- This event has passed.
Non Violent Crisis Intervention Training
June 19 - June 20$255.00
ECDSS facilitators are certified by CPI© to provide the Non Violent Crisis Intervention Training. This session is designed to focus on prevention by providing staff with proven strategies for safely defusing anxious, hostile, or violent behavior at the earliest possible stage. The first day will emphasize early intervention and non-physical methods for preventing or managing disruptive behavior. CPI’s disengagement skills are also demonstrated and practiced in this seminar to prepare staff to safely remove themselves from and others from a dangerous situation. The second day of training expands on crisis intervention methods to include the study and practice of holding skills. These skills are taught to be used as a last resort when an individual becomes an immediate danger to self or others.
You will Learn:
- How to identify behaviors that could lead to a crisis.
- How to most effectively respond to each behavior to prevent the situation from escalating.
- How to use verbal and nonverbal techniques to defuse hostile behavior and resolve a crisis before it can become violent.
- How to cope with your own fear and anxiety.
- How to assess risk levels and consider the issues that impact decision making.
- How to use CPI’s disengagement skills to avoid injury if behavior becomes physical.
When it’s appropriate to physically intervene.
- How to assess the physical and psychological well-being of those involved in a crisis.
- How to maintain rapport with the acting-out individual.
- Key steps for debriefing after a crisis.
- How to promote Care, Welfare, Safety, and SecuritySM