Kids Have Stress Too! Parent Group Facilitator Training – February 20, 2019
This facilitator training is designed to support practitioners in the promotion of effective social-emotional development and stress management techniques to parents of preschool-aged children.
15 in stock
ECDSS facilitators are certified by The Psychology Foundation of Canada to provide the Kids Have Stress Too!® Preschool Age Learning Resource. This facilitator training is designed to support practitioners in the promotion of effective social-emotional development and stress management techniques to parents of preschool-aged children. The material is grounded in the science of early childhood and brain development and is sensitive to the day-to-day realities of both early learning and care settings and home environments. Participants who complete the training will receive certification to facilitate the Kids Have Stress Too! Preschool Age program to parents as well as access to online materials and resources through The Psychology Foundation of Canada’s website.
Aligns with Alberta Accreditation Standards: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- Describe stress and its impact on health and learning from a child’s perspective
- Discuss awareness of own stressors and coping mechanisms
- List signs and symptoms of stress in children as well as practical techniques for coping with it
- Discuss strategies which create less stressful program and home environments by promoting self-regulation
- Practice sharing information and stress strategies with parents either informally or through facilitated workshops